200 Battery Way
Bldg. 306, Box 10, Port Townsend
“PLEIN AIR TO STUDIO – PAINT VIBRANT SUMMER LANDSCAPES IN BRILLIANT COLOR”
FOCUSING ON “LIGHT” PLEIN AIR PAINTING FOLLOWED BY STUDIO WORK
Dates/Times: August 13 – 16, 2020, Thursday – Sunday, 10AM – 4PM
PLEIN AIR lessons will focus on:
One day will be spent “photo-sketching”, sketching and “light” plein air painting/color-sketching (using minimal plein air equipment – suggested supply list will be provided – however, you are welcome to paint with whatever equipment you prefer) at a nearby location.
Following days will be studio painting. In the case of inclement weather, reference photos will be supplied, or you may use your own.
STUDIO lessons will focus on:
• Maintaining the plein air “feel” and sensitivity in your painting
• Using your photo as inspiration rather than absolute visual fact
• Negative painting lessons for the watercolorist
• Paint handling lessons for the oil painter, brush- and knife-work
• Color mixing – painting with green
• Creative use of color – using “color as value” (as seen in all three North Light books plus magazine articles)
Paint in the medium of your choice. There will be demos in watercolor and oil, instruction at all levels as needed, one-on-one critique and lots of painting time.
All levels are welcome and encouraged to join. The only prerequisite is an attitude of joy in the act of painting.
Class time will be structured, yet open enough to accommodate the artistic spirit within us all!
Medium: WATERCOLOR UNLEASHED! OR OIL (other Water-Media is welcome)
Register: HERE (Scroll down to “Add To Cart”)
Accommodations/Visitors: HERE (Scroll down)